Tuesday, January 28, 2014

U.S. Space and Rocket Center Winter Masquerade Ball


Earlier this month, I was selected as one of ten artists to create a mask for the U.S. Space and Rocket Center's Winter Masquerade Ball. The masks are being auctioned off to support STEM education programs and projects such as refurbishing the A-12 Blackbird stealth aircraft at the center.

For this creation, my signature poured color technique takes on a slight steampunk feel with gears, eye loupes and watch parts. It's reminiscent of the work I did for Mary Crowell's Acolytes of the Machine cover.






Your winning bid buys the mask and admission to the ball (tickets are $100).


Curious about what the other masks look like? 

1 comment:

  1. I've been catching up on your blog and I just saw this entry with the steampunk mask. It's gorgeous! <3 I share your article on pricing your art All the Time. I have many friends who find it highly relevant to their interests. :-)

    ReplyDelete